As part of the COVID-19 guidelines announced by the Greek Authorities for the prevention of the new coronavirus transmission and spread, passengers must complete the “Pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire”.
Pre-boarding health declaration questionnaire
We inform you that according to the Government Gazette 4441/Β/25-9-2021, travel by ferry, regardless the destination (from ports of mainland Greece to the islands and other mainland ports, between the islands, as well as from the islands to the mainland ports), will be allowed if passengers:
A) From 12 years and over:
- Have completed the COVID-19 vaccination, at least (14) days before the ferry trip and carry a vaccination certificate or
- Have a negative molecular test (PCR) for COVID-19 by taking an oral or nasopharyngeal smear within the last seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled departure time or a negative antigen (rapid test) for COVID-19 within forty-eight (48) hours before the scheduled departure time, or
- Show a certificate of illness, issued thirty (30) days after the first positive test and lasting for one hundred eighty (180) days after it, or
- Show an EU vaccination certificate (digital COVID certificate) and/or a third countries’ vaccination certificate.
Diagnostic tests by PCR and rapid detection of coronavirus antigen COVID-19 (rapid test) for unvaccinated passengers are performed in private diagnostic laboratories or in private clinics or pharmacies, at their own expense and are proven with mandatory demonstration of the negative result in electronic or printed format.
On islands where there are no private diagnostic laboratories or private clinics or pharmacies, the diagnostic tests are performed by municipal clinics and are proven by the above way.
- Minor passengers from four (4) to eleven (11) years old can be transported by performing a self-test that takes place up to twenty-four (24) hours before the scheduled travel time (free availability). The self-test statement is issued through website gov.gr.
- Especially minors from twelve (12) years and over, who travel by ship, boat and sea taxi to schools and other necessary school activities, can travel by conducting a self-test that takes place up to twenty four (24) hours before the scheduled departure time.
In any case, in order for passengers to board, the Health Declaration Questionnaire before Boarding must be completed. The questionnaire is posted on the website of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy https://www.ynanp.gr/en/ and on the website https://sea.travel.gov.gr/#/ . Alternatively you may download it and print it from here.
All passengers have to demonstrate the above mentioned necessary documents, to the Chief Purser on board, during the embarkation procedure and before the vessel’s departure, in electronic (https://sea.travel.gov.gr/#/) or printed format.
The use of a protective mask during boarding / disembarking, as well as during the trip, is mandatory.
Passengers are advised to arrive at the port of departure on time, to facilitate the pre-boarding check-in process.